This post will educate you on how to protect MS Word Documents with a password.
Sometimes it’s just very necessary to protect your documents, especially if the documents are meant to be highly confidential.
I am sure you would not want unauthorized people to gain access to your privacy.
How about if a few of your friends have used your computer, would you then deny it from them just because you have some vital information which you don’t want them to see?
Why not just add a password to your Word documents, and prevent people from viewing it, and save yourself from the whole stress.
By so doing, anyone who can gain access to the documents is those you gave the password.
How to set a password on Word documents (MS Word)
The steps here explains how to protect your MS word documents.
1) Open the Microsoft Word document
2) Click on the “File” menu shown on the top left of your document.
3) After this, click on “Info” in the listed options.
4) Next, click on the “Protect Document.”
5) Then click on “Encrypt with Password” in the options as well.
6) Enter an easy to remember password.
7) Click the “OK” button, Re-enter the same password and click the “OK” button again to finish.
Now you have successfully added a password to your Word document; you must enter the correct password before you can view or edit the document.
Make sure you write down the password somewhere. Else you will be in a deep sheet if you misplace it.
Again, it is advisable to always set the same password for all your word documents. If you keep setting different passwords after having so many documents, you may have a loss of count.
Note: I discovered this feature from Office 2013 and later version and am not so certain if the previous versions have the same functionality. Please check and comment if you have the earlier versions of Microsoft Office.
- How To Edit PDF Files For Free With Microsoft Word
- 51 Important Microsoft Word Shortcut Keys and Functions
- List of Microsoft Windows Versions, Editions and Release Date
- How To Deactivate Auto Windows Update To Safe Internet Data