This article will teach you how to make your Firefox and Chrome Browser work offline.
There may be a situation when you are going through something online, or you are on a particular webpage, and your internet stops working. After you refresh the browser, you then lose everything you are reading, and your browser says there is no internet connection. This kind of situation can be so annoying.
You have no reason to angry or worried. There is a web browser’s feature that downloads information while you are connected to the internet. With this feature, you can view the same page even when you are not connected to the internet.
To view the page that was destructed, you can enable the offline mode feature to make your browser work offline.
Follow the steps below to enable your offline browser mode.
How to enable offline mode in Firefox browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser and click on Tools >> Options.
- Click on Advanced >> Network
- Now click on the checkbox Cached Web Content
- Next click on the menu icon and select option Developer
- Finally, click on Work Offline
After you have clicked on Work Offline, you have enabled the Work Offline feature. You can now browse on anything without worrying about the effect of losing your internet connectivity.
Note that Firefox by default allows you to cache the web content to the tune of 350 MB. You may choose to increase it in other to save more content.
How to enable offline mode in Chrome browser
Unlike Firefox, Chrome doesn’t come with an Offline mode feature. However, you can still make your Google Chrome browser to Work Offline.
To make Google chrome work offline- follow the steps below.
- Open your chrome browser and type chrome://flags/ and press the Enter button.
- Now search for show saved copy button on the screen
- Next change the option from Default to Enable: Primary
That is it, so simple right?
You will now need to restart your chrome browser. Once you are offline, your chrome browser will display a button on the page asking “Show Saved Copy once you refresh the page.”
If you click on Show save copy button your current page on the browser will reload, and you will be able to view all the contents on the webpage again.
I hope this article was helpful to you. If you encounter any challenge, please use the comment box, and I will reply to you ASAP.
- List of Countries with Fastest and Slowest Internet Speed
- How To Rename Multiple Files In Your PC At A Time
- List of Microsoft Windows Versions, Editions and Release Date
- How To Fix Sound Issue In Windows 10 – Audio Problem