This article explained how to borrow data from MTN and gave the USSD code.
One thing about technology is change. Over the years we have seen MTN introducing more and more services which will be of benefit to its customers.
There are times we run off data on our MTN network and need to process things online as soon as possible.
MTN has observed the difficulties its loyal customers are going through and decide to introduce the Xtrabyte package.
The MTN Xtrabyte package allows MTN customers to borrow data for browsing the internet and for downloading too.
The eligible data customers will be repaid via airtime – base on data price equivalent on the customer next recharge
How to Borrow Data from MTN
Dial *606# to subscribe to MTN Xtrabyte or to check if you are eligible to use the feature.
You are allowed to borrow 10MB, 30MB, 100MB, 200MB, or 750MB
How to check MTN Xtrabyte data balance
It is easy, simply dial *606# and follow the display instruction.
Terms and conditions of MTN Xtrabyte
- Please note that MTN will charge you 10% service fees added to the data you are borrowed.
- MTN even allows you to borrow data even if you are yet to pay back your borrowed MTN XtraTime credit.
- You are not allowed to borrow data multiple times.
- The equivalent of the data you borrowed will be deducted via airtime on your next recharge.
- At expiration date of the borrowed data with regular data subscription.
- MTN Xtrabyte doesn’t support data transfer to another MTN line.
How to know if you are eligible for MTN Xtrabyte
- Your SIM must be registered
- Account balance on your line must be more than ₦12
- MTN will also consider average you recharge that month.
- You must have repaid all previous XtraByte your line is owing.
Is it advisable to borrow from MTN?
I won’t advise you borrow data on one of our post, we explain and gave the USSD of all MTN data plan. If you take a look at it, you will see that MTN data bundles are very affordable.
I suggest you borrow only when it is urgent, and no other alternative is available. Just know that you spend much more when you end up borrowing data.
Is MTN Xtrabyte charges OK?
The charges MTN collect from Xtrabyte is a Capital NO from me.
The percentage MTN charge from borrowed data is too much when the calculated base on turnover.
Why should they charge up to 10% for something you may end up paying back the next day?
If they have their customers as their priority, then they should only collect a percentage when the payback period exceeds a certain number of hours or a couple of days.
- How to Borrow Data from Airtel – USSD Code
- 5 Cheapest MTN Tariff Plans And Migration Code
- Full Information About MTN Mobile Electricity – Lumos Mobile Electricity
- How to Activate MTN Unlimited Night Browsing Plan