In the era of cashless transaction practice, POS has been a medium of payment for so many shop owners.
Once you have a POS machine your customers don’t have to pay you cash as long as they are with their ATM card.
POS machine functions like an automated teller machine. It can be used for fund transfers and bills payment.
POS agents are now seen as mini banks for fund transfers and cash withdrawals.
Because of the proximity of POS agents most Nigerians no longer stress themselves standing in the ATM queue. You are very likely to find POS on every street.
POS is more like a division of labour in the banking structure. It has brought about flexibility in banking transactions.
But the sad part of it is that there are cases of failed transactions and this is so demoralizing when it occurs.
Lots of users have experienced situations where they will be debited in a failed transaction, and this is the purpose of this post.
It is important to note that POS are agents under the banks, so in a situation where the transaction was declined and your bank account was debited, you will need to contact your bank for reversal.
Normally, reversal is meant to happen automatically within 24 hours, now was do you do if you didn’t get the reversal?
Again, you may need an immediate reversal, in cases of low funds in your account.
Let’s say for instance you have only 10,000 naira in your account, and you made a transaction of 8,000 via POS which was declined, and your account was debited. Your account balance wont be sufficient to re-perform the transaction. So you will need an immediate reversal.
How to Contact Your Bank to Get POS Reversal Immediately
For quick response it’s best you contact your bank via phone or message them via Twitter, if you are a Twitter user.
For me Twitter has been the best way to contact my bank over the years, I get replies in less than 10 minutes.
If you are close to your bank, you may choose to walk into the banking hall. But from experience going to the bank does not guarantee immediate reversal, the bank will have to log in the error for investigation before a reversal will be made.
Whichever method you choose to contact your bank, the following information is necessary.
- Your account number
- Phone number linked to your account
- The email address you used while opening the account
- The transaction date
- The transaction amount.
The image below is my chat with UBA via Twitter, and the reversal was made in less than 20 min.
Phone Number and Twitter Handle of Banks in Nigeria
1. Access Bank
- Phone: +234 1- 2712005-7, +234 1 733 2000, +234 1 280 2500
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/myaccessbank
- Phone: +2347005000000
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/groupecobank
3. Fidelity Bank
- Phone: +234-1-4485252
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/fidelitybankplc
4. First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
- Phone: +234 (01) 2798800
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/myfcmb
5. Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank)
- Phone: +23414480000
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank
6. Enterprise Bank
- Phone: 0700ENTBANK
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/entbankng
7. First Bank
- Phone: 0700 FIRST CONTACT (0700 34778 2668228)
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/firstbankngr
8. Heritage Bank
- Phone: 0700HERITAGE, +234-1-236-9000
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/heritagebankltd
9. Jaiz Bank
- Phone: +2347080635500, +2347080635555
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jaizbankplc, www.twitter.com/jaizbankng
10. Keystone Bank
- Phone: +234-1-448-5742, +234-70-8060-5000
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/keystonebankng
11. Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Phone: 0700 CALL STANBIC (0700 2255 782 6242)
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/StanbicIBTC/
12. Polaris Bank
- Phone Numbers: 0700-POLARIS (0700-7652747), 0806 988 0000, 01 448 2100, 01 270 5850
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarisBankLtd
13. Sterling Bank
- Phone: 070078375464
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/sterling_bankng
14. Union Bank
- Phone numbers: +23412716516, 07007007000
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/unionbank_ng
15. Unity Bank
- Phone numbers: +2347080666000, +2347057323226, +2347057323227
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/UnityBankPlc
16. United Bank Of Africa (UBA)
- Phone Number: +2347002255822
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/UBAgroup
17. Wema Bank
- Phone Number: 08039003700
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/wemabank
18. Zenith Bank
- Phone Numbers: 0700-ZENITH-BANK, 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000, 0700-286-936484 (ATM Unit)
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/zenithbank