If you are single and ready to mingle then you are at the right place.
Here we listed and explained the best dating apps in Nigeria.
So if you are looking that your perfect date or relationship, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we did a thorough research to provide you with the best dating apps and dating sites, which you can use to find that your perfect match online without paying a dime.
Since the introduction of the Internet, the world has transformed digitally positively, with just having access to the Internet you can do a lot of things. Among the many things that can be done online dating is one of them.
Online dating over the years has actually created a healthy avenue for building relationships without much stress.
Instead of going fast food, supermarkets, malls, cinemas, etc, for dating purposes, lots of people see it as a waste of time, they will rather people see it as a waste of time.
They will rather you use one of the free dating sites or dating apps to find a date in their preferred location and start communication online. This will save them time, resources, and energy.
There are so many dating apps for mobile phones, which makes it easy to facilitate your dating needs.
In Nigeria and other parts of the world, dating apps have become increasingly popular, you may ask what are the reasons. I will explain that to you now.
Why do Nigerian use dating sites?
- To easily find a match: On most of the best dating apps in Nigeria and other parts of the world, you will enter the specification of the kind of date you are looking for. With that, the dating will display mainly those that meet your requirement for a perfect match.
- Option to choose: By using dating apps, you will have so many persons that meet your dating requirements, so you can engage in a conversation with each of them, to know which best suits you.
- Saves time: Using a dating site or dating app will save you so much time, with your mobile all you have to do is to lunch a dating app. You can do other things as the same time looking for a date.
- Easily access your choices: unlike physically meeting people, on dating apps everyone already has a profile that has information about them. So you can easily read their profile and know about them even before chatting with them.
- Expand your social circles: For some people, they use dating apps to expand their social circles and make new friends. Even if a romantic connection doesn’t work out, it can still lead to friendships.
- Shyness or social anxiety: Some people are naturally shy to talk to people they like one on one, so they will rather make use of a dating app, which will ease shyness and social anxiety.
- Recovering from a breakup: After a breakup or divorce, some people turn to dating sites as a way to easily meet another person or potential partner.
- Flirting: Flirting is one of the major reasons lots of Nigerian join the online dating app. They are looking for a partner they will easily flirt with.
- Geographical barriers: There are people for one reason or another who want to date people from another location. May be a different country or state. Dating apps will be perfect for this purpose.
- Casual dating: For some persons, dating sites are the perfect ways to explore casual dating, without much stress or pressure.
Best Dating Apps in Nigeria
Online dating apps have advanced the way people meet and connect with others in Nigeria.
Having a smartphone and internet connection you can connect to any of the best dating apps in Nigeria that I explained and meet new people.
Tinder is one of the most popular and one of the best dating apps in Nigeria and other parts of the world. Tinder has gained much popularity in Nigeria in recent time.
It was launched in 2012, and over the years it has gained so much popularity around the world. Tinder is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
It’s user-friendly, has an amazing interface, an awesome swiping feature, and a large user base.
Tinder Download Links:
Badoo is a popular dating app that you will find lots of Nigerians on. Badoo allows it users to meet new people in their local area and beyond.
It was founded in 2006 and ever since then it has gained so much popularity and lots of people all around the world, especially in Africa, Europe and Latin America love the app.
Badoo has amazing users in Nigeria and offers outstanding connections. With Badoo, users can find potential partners within locations and beyond, making it easier to plan one on one face meetings.
Badoo app is available on both iOS and Android platforms, making it accessible to a wide range of users.
Badoo Download Links:
Friendite is more than just a dating site. It serves as a social networking platform, which allows people to connect with friends, share their interests, and as well explore potential romantic relationships.
Friendite Download Links:
Bumble is a very unique app where women initiate conversations. Bumble dating app in Nigeria has empowered women to take control of their dating lives, which has led to better connections.
The Bumble dating app was founded in 2014 by one of the co-founders of Tinder. Bumble stands out from most other dating apps because of its unique approach to empowering women.
Bumble Download Links:
Christian Mingle is a dating app and website made specifically for Christians that are single and seeking serious relationships or/and connections.
The platform was launched in 2001 by Spark Networks and it is one of the leading apps for Christians looking to meet like-minded individuals mainly from the same religion.
Note that the ChristianMingle app or/and their website may restrict you from using them depending on your location. If this happens, you can make use of a VPN to access them. Click on the link below to see the best VPN to use.
ChristianMingle Download Links:
Muslima is an interesting dating app in Nigeria and other countries. It also have a website for those who don’t want to install the app on their mobile device.
This dating platform is specially made for Muslim singles who are seeking serious relationships, that will lead to marriage.
Muslima is managed by Cupid Media, which is a very famous dating network that operates several niches of dating.
Muslima Download Links:
Grindr is a very popular dating app for the LGBTQ+ community. Over time it has been gaining much popularity in Nigeria and the user base keeps increasing daily in Nigeria.
It is absolutely a platform for those seeking love and acceptance in a society that evolves on LGBTQ+ issues.
It was launched in the year 2009 and it is becoming a leading platform for connecting with people in the LGBTQ world.
Grindr Download Links:
Evermatch provides its users with the convenience of meeting people while using the dating app.
The app eliminates all kinds of geographical barriers, it creates good connections with people from different cities and countries.
To get started with the Evermatch dating app, users will have to first create a profile, setup their interests, and add a profile picture. The app will then suggests potential matches based on the information they have provided.
Additionally, Evermatch Users can browse through people’s profiles, view their photos, and read details about them.
Evermatch Download Links:
Mingle2 is a free dating app, it also has a website and website to increase its usability.
Mingle2 allows its users to connect with each other for dating, friendship, or casual encounters.
The app was founded in the year 2008 and ever since then, its popularity has been growing.
Mingle2 Download Links:
Zoosk is appealing to Nigerians seeking a fun and interactive way to connect with people.
The app and website have been out there since 2007. It helps connect singles to find potential matches for dating and other related purposes.
Zoosk Download Links:
OkCupid dating app has been existing since 2004, the same year it was launched.
The algorithm of the OkCupid dating platform focuses mainly on compatibility, which ensures that users are perfectly connected based on their match.
OkCupid Download Links:
AfroIntroductions online dating app has been out there since 2002. And ever since then, it is one of the leading dating platforms for Africans.
This dating app for Nigeria and Africa also can be operated via its websites without any glitches.
AfroIntroductions connects users from several African countries and those interested in dating people in African.
AfroIntroductions Download Links:
Safety Tips for online dating
- Use only reputable dating apps and websites
- Avoid sharing sensitive personal details
- Create a separate email account for online dating to avoid the risks of exposing your primary email address.
- Before meeting in person is advisable to have a video call with the person to verify their identity.
- Never send money to anybody you have not met on a dating site. It’s very likely to be a scam.
- Trust Your Instincts: If something doesn’t feel right, trust your gut feeling and proceed with caution. If someone makes you uncomfortable or exhibits suspicious behavior, consider blocking or reporting them to the platform.
- Take Your Time: Take it slow and get to know the person over time. Avoid rushing into meeting them in person until you feel confident about their intentions.
- If you encounter any suspicious behavior or suspect any kind of scam, immediately report it to the dating platform.
- For first-time meetings, always choose public locations like malls, restaurants, or parks. Avoid private or isolated places, very important.