MTN share and sell is a very easy way to transfer or send credit from one account to another.
This page will show you, how to Transfer Airtime on MTN, How to change your transfer PIN on MTN, how to share credit on MTN using SMS. Just follow this simple and easy way to get it alright.
MTN AIRTIME TRANSFER (Share ‘N’ Sell)
Airtime transfer (Share ‘N’ Sell) is an MTN service you can use to send credit from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts. With Share ‘N’ Sell you can keep your family and friends up and connected.
To make sure that nobody uses your phone to transfer credit without your permission, MTN has added a pin feature.
Before you can transfer credit, you have to change your pin. MTN Share and Sell also have minimum and maximum amounts for each transacts they can be seen below
- You have to change the default pin which is 0000.
- You can change the default PIN by sending a text message with the default PIN, New PIN, New PIN to 777. For example, to change the default PIN, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- With Share and Sell you can transfer different amounts of credit, from a minimum amount of NGN 50.00 to a maximum amount of NGN5,000.00 on each transaction.
- You can also transfer up to a total amount of NGN10, 000.00 every day! So you can choose to become a credit vendor using Share ‘N’ Sell.
How to Change MTN Transfer PIN
- You can change your PIN at any time by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *600*default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *600*0000*1234*1234# and then send/ok.
Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully
How to Transfer Credit on MTN using SMS
- You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at any time by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
- You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial*600*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/ok.
- When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Please note that:
- You can only transfer credit in Naira amounts and not in kobo i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough credit to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer you will only be able to transfer credit when your account is positive. You will not be able to transfer credit when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use Share ‘N’ Sell. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1, 000.00 you will be able to transfer credit up to the available N1000.00 in your account.
Related Tags: code to transfer airtime on mtn | how to transfer airtime on mtn to mtn for the first time | how to transfer airtime on mtn nigeria | how to transfer airtime on mtn to airtel | mtn transfer code reset | mtn share and sell | how to transfer airtime on mtn beta talk