Standard Chartered Bank is one of the leading banks in Nigeria in terms of banking services.
The bank mode of operation is unique to most of the new generation banks. Banking with Standard Chartered will give you rest of mind.
If you are looking for a bank that keeps to its word, then this bank should be your last bus stop.
Standard Chartered Bank provides its customers with USSD banking services, which allow them to transfer money from their mobile phones even without an internet network.
Registration for this service is free; all you need is to open an account with them. Then your linked mobile number can be used to perform all the USSD banking functions.
Standard Chartered Bank USSD Transfer Code
To transfer funds using the USSD code provided by Standard Chartered Bank, follow these general steps:
- Dial *977# on your mobile phone’s keypad.
- Press the “Call” or “Send” button to initiate the USSD code.
- A menu will appear on your screen with various options for banking services.
- Select the option for “Fund Transfer” or a similar menu option related to transfers. The exact wording may vary based on the specific menu options provided by Standard Chartered Bank.
- Choose the type of transfer you want to make, such as “To Standard Chartered Bank” or “To Other Banks.”
- Enter the recipient’s bank account number or select from your saved beneficiaries if available.
- Provide the recipient’s bank name if necessary.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Review the transaction details displayed on the screen to ensure accuracy.
- Confirm the transfer by following the prompts or selecting the appropriate option.
- If any additional information or authentication is required, provide the requested details.
- Once the transfer is completed, you should receive a confirmation message on your screen or via SMS.
Standard Chartered Bank Short Code
- Standard Chartered Bank USSD code to transfer money to Standard Chartered Bank – *977*Amount*Account No#
- Standard Chartered Bank USSD code to transfer money to other banks – *977*Amount*Account No#
Importance of USSD banking of Standard Chartered Bank
- It is secured and easy to use
- It doesn’t require an internet connection
- It is accessible on all kinds of mobile phones
- The code can be dialed from all mobile networks in Nigeria.
- The service is available during banking and off banking hours.
- It requires only the phone number that you opened your account with.
How to use the Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code
Standard Chartered does not currently provide any transfer USSD code for Nigerians as at last this post was updated. We will update this article once the code is available.
To perform your banking transaction with your smartphone you can install the Standard Chartered Bank Mobile App. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
To download the app simply visit your app store.