On this article, we will learn how to solve a common subdomain error message. “This site can’t be reached” on a web browser.
There are sometimes after creating a subdomain you discover that an error message comes up whenever you try to navigate your web browser to the subdomain URL, the error says “This site can’t be reached.”
In recent days, so many people are complaining about it, and don’t know the way around.
Just before dropping this post, I come across it. I am going to tell you the cause, and show you how to solve it.
Once you come across this issue, the first thing you should do is to make sure that you input the right URL. If the URL is correct, then it is certain that your site is running on Cloudflare CDN, if yes, then you will need to add the new subdomain manually from your Cloudflare dashboard. To do this, follow the step below.
Cloudflare is always the cause of this issue. If you added a domain to Cloudflare, then you have to add to subdomains as well if you don’t then you are likely to face the same issue.
How to add a subdomain to Cloudflare
1. Login to your Cloudflare account, and select the domain which subdomain you want to add.
2. Click on DNS
3. When the DNS page opens, then you will need to add a new DNS record to the existing ones. See image below.
4. Enter your subdomain name (not URL), server IP Address, select Automatic TTL and click on Add Record
5. After adding the subdomain to your Cloudflare DNS record, you will need to about an hour to two hours, after which your subdomain will be connected to Cloudflare.
Watch the video below to visualize the process
Video source: YouTube
I hope this article was helpful to you in solving the little problem. If you are still facing the issue, please make use of the comment section to describe it – so we can assist you from here.
- Importance of CloudFlare on Websites and Blogs
- How to Check, Fix and Remove Broken Links From Your Blog
- How To Boost Alexa Ranking Of Blogs And Websites
- How to Know Websites Hosted on VPS or Dedicated Server