This article contains information on the different ways you can easily reset your DSTV decoder within a minute.
Are some of your DSTV channels missing?
Sometimes after renewing our DStv subscription, we find out that some channels will still not be showing.
It is now a common problem that always arises on DSTV, but need not be worried. You can resolve this issue by resetting your DSTV decoder.
To reset your DSTV is not at all a big task; it takes just a couple minutes to do it, which I am going to explain it here step by step.
How To Reset DStv After Payment
There is four major way you can reset you DSTV after payment or after subscribing to a DSTV bouquet.
The four significant ways of resetting DSTV decoder are;
- Reset via SMS
- Reset via DSTV easy service
- Reset Via Flash Erase 8118 on DSTV
- Reset Via Manual Upgrade
Before you proceed to reset your DSTV, first make sure the decoder is switched on, with the smart card inserted.
How to Reset DSTV via SMS
This option is the fastest, all you need is a mobile phone – regardless of the Nigerian SIM card inside of it.
After subscribing the DSTV bouquet of your choice, go to your phone SMS service and send “RA” “DSTV Decoder Number” to “30333“.
For example, text RA 12345678910 to 30333.
After sending this SMS, you will get a response that your request is in process. After doing this, within a few minutes, all channels you subscribed for will start showing.
How To Reset DSTV Using DSTV Easy Service
- Navigate your web browser to eazy.dstv.com and select your country. In some cases, the site will detect your location automatically.
- Sign in to your account with your Mobile Number or Surname and enter your SmartCard Number.
- Next click on “Fix Errors” displayed on your screen.
- Then enter your SmartCard number in the dialogue box that will be provided for you.
- Select the error code that your decoder is displaying from the available options given to you.
- Complete the provided captcha.
- Finally, click on “Fix Error.”
After doing this, the error will disappear immediately, and all channels will appear.
Reset Via Flash Erase 8118 on DSTV
To flash erase 8118 on DSTV decoder is an easy task, the steps will be explained below.
- On your DSTV decoder, press both “Reset” and the “Standby” button at the same time. You will find these button in the front of your decoder.
- After pressing, “dL” will show up on your DSTV decoder display panel.
- Once you see the dL, press and hold down the TV/Audio button with the P+ button, hold both buttons at the same time.
- Continue holding the two buttons until it shows “done.“
Once it shows done, that means that your DSTV decoder is reset successfully.
Reset Via Manual Upgrade
Just like every other process, this process is also straightforward. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press both the “Standby” button and “Reset” button at the same time.
- The word“dL” will show on the decoder.
- After the letter (dL) displays, immediately press Standby, P+, P-, Standby in quick succession, one after the other. You will have to press the buttons as fast as possible.
Is as simple as that.
Where you able to reset your DStv decoder using any of the methods above?
Let’s hear your opinion via the comment section below.
- 3 Methods To Make DSTV Payment Online – DSTV Subscription
- How To Pay DSTV Subscription Via ATM
- GOtv Subscriptions, GOTV Payments, And Channels