If you are having issues with people stealing your contents – this article will be of great help to you. After reading, you will learn how to report copied content to Google and WordPress for immediate removal
- Did you discover any blog or website copying your content?
- Are you scared that Google may rank their blog higher than yours even after stealing from you?
- Do you know that you will lose traffic and ranking as a result of this?
If your answer to any of the questions above is Yes, then you are not alone.
So many people are facing the same challenge daily, and are seriously looking for a way out of it.
Google personally hates copy and paste contents, and they are ready to take them all off their search engine. This is why you should report such a case to them – so they can take proper action.
Once a copied page or post is reported, Google will immediately remove it, and such page or post will never be found on the Google search engine.
But if the reported content is hosted under Google’s platform, i.e. Blogspot, Google Drive, or Google Cloud, Google may automatically delete such content if it is within their powers.
Though research has shown that Google takes up to a week or more to process reported contents.
Website That Provides Copy Content Information
Alternatively, you can copy a sentence from your blog post as a quote and paste on Google search.
Apart from your post URL, Google search will display any other blog or website that has the same content you pasted.
Then you can click on the other URL displayed by Google to see how your post was copied, or if there was a coincidence in some sentence.
How To Report copied content to Google
So once you have spotted that your content is copied, log on to Google DMCA page and fill up the page to report.
Alternatively, use these direct links for the different forms:
- For BlogSpot blog copied your content: https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_dmca?product=blogger
- Other platform copied your content: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?rd=1
- WordPress.com blog copied your content: https://automattic.com/dmca-notice/
- For LinkedIn copied: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/copyright-policy
After filling the forms before submitting, make sure you re-check your request. Within a few days, you will get rid of all copied content, and you will get your stolen traffic back.
Google will penalize you if you claim to have the copyright of a content which is not yours.
In conclusion, it is advisable to report any article that is copying from you. If people are copying from you, it will have a negative impact on your ranking on that particular article, and your site in general.
I hope this article was helpful. Now you can drop your contents being sure that no one will duplicate it online.