This Post Will Teach You How to Check if your National Id Card Is Ready For Collection Or Not
A Nigerian national identity card is very important and elucidates your citizenship. However, after you have registered or enrolled for the national id card, you may experience a bit of a hurdle collecting it due to the majority of people who register on a daily basis.
In case you have registered for the Id card and after a long time, you don’t know if the card is ready or not or how to go about collecting it, then this post is for you.
For those who wish to check the status of their identity card or to know if the card is ready or not.
Note that there is now an online platform that gives you the opportunity to know if and when your National identity card is ready.
To know if your national ID card is ready or not, do follow the simple steps elucidated below;
- Visit the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) online center: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
- Click on the proceed button
- Fill in your First name, last name, and your National Identification Number (NIN) in the slots provided and hit on the ‘check now button’.
Wait a few seconds while the information is processed.
After that, the status of your National identity card will be displayed to you.
All you need to know about the Nigerian National ID Card
Facts every Nigerian should know about the Nigerian National Identity Card
- The Nigerian National Identity Card is the card issued by the National Identity Management Commission to Nigerian citizens as a means of identification as it includes relevant information about the card owner.
- There is a report that the Federal Government has declared that starting from January 1st, 2018, No Nigerian citizen will be issued new international passports or be able to renew theirs without an Identity card and consequently, without a national identification number (NIN).
- The National e-ID Card must be issued to Nigerians selected into the National Identity system and legal inhabitants who are 16 years old or above. Dissimilar to the National Identification Number (NIN) that is assignable to all Nigerians and legitimate inhabitants with no age confinements.
- The e-ID card might be utilized for Identification, Payment of services alongside different projects in Nigeria.
- The National e-ID Card contains key data of the candidate or the Cardholder recorded in the Database. The payment feature influences the National e-identity card to be used as an instrument for making payments for services and products around the world.
- All the card owner needs to do would be to transfer money into the card using some of the available payment options/ platforms. He could also visit one of the associated banks, for example, Access Bank, and load money into the card. The available payment options include, from a financial institution or balance into the card, Quickteller exchange, POS terminals, ATM, and so on.
- The National identity card may likewise be utilized to make payments for utility and service bills, for example, DSTV, GOTV, Startimes, Flight tickets, Water bills, PHCN et cetera. You can likewise utilize the card in Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) all around the globe where any of the payment processors like Mastercard is shown.
- The card has your 10 fingerprints, caught at the Point of enlistment into the National Identity Database, safely put away in it. No unapproved or unauthorized individual can use them. The Match-on Card (MoC) would be the most secure innovation to confirm a person.
- A safe terminal or a Card Acceptance Device (CAD) is utilized to match the fingerprint of the person using the card with that already stored on the National e-ID Card. An excessive number of trials and the applet are obstructed for security reasons.
- An organization, agency, or authorized person can be certain that the individual presenting the card is the authentic owner through this means.
- The National e-ID Card is additionally a travel Document and fits into standards as the ICAO simply like the International Passport. This capacity on the card offers future usefulness to anyone who might need to set out on cross border movement for instance, provincial travel within West Africa or potentially other consenting nations where a visa isn’t required.
Availability of National ID card | collection of National ID card | Identity card status check up | Where to collect national id card