JAMB Change of Course and Institution – How to do JAMB Data Correction Online.
JAMB which is the acronym for Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, they are the body that is responsible for giving criteria and admission to students who want to study in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Once every year JAMB conducts an exam known as the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UMTE).
In the UTME exam, each student’s exam questions will be based on 4 subjects. The subjects will be determined by the requirements of their expected course of study.
There will be a cutoff mark for every course of study in each university, polytechnic, and college of education.
Every student that meets the cutoff mark is very likely to be admitted by the school. Although some schools may conduct an internal exam known as Post UTME, to make their final selection, of students they will be admitting.
But the challenge is that during the registration on the UTME, students may make errors in the form, and may not realize it, till after they may have submitted it. By then it’s too late, because the information is already in the JAMB database.
The following error can be made and will be needed to correct.
- The course of study: To correct this, you will have to apply for a change of course.
- Institution: Lots of people end up choosing schools without giving a proper taught, and will want to change the institution thereafter.
- Data error: This may include errors in name spelling, date of birth, gender, state/LGA of origin, etc.
Everything you need to know about the process of changing your UTME data is provided in this post.
This post is to inform all the candidates who made mistakes while filling their jamb forms during registration or those who have Check Jamb Result and need a change of institution on how to apply the necessary changes.
How to do JAMB Change of Course/Institution
Before changing your institution or course first make sure that you check their Cut-off mark for admission. By so doing you will know if you are eligible or not. This is very necessary so you won’t be denied admission, and not put all your effort in vain.
Visit JAMB portal website page https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility on any of your browsers.
The page you will appear on will look like the image below:
Go to “Correction of Data” as arrowed in the image above. Click the “Click here to proceed” link.
On the next page, click on “click here to proceed” below the Change of Course/Institution. See the image below.
Make sure you read all the instructions on the instruction page that will appear. It instruction is stated below.
INSTRUCTION: CHANGE OF COURSE/INSTITUTION
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin, and password, then click on the Sign-Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: a. Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number.
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
You will have to create a profile via the SignUp Page if you are a new user. But if you are an existing user, simply enter your login credentials.
To create a profile, you will have to provide your valid email address, first name, surname, phone number, State and LGA of Origin, and password, then finally click on the Sign-Up. You won’t be allowed to create more than one profile.
How to do JAMB Data Correction Online
The process of the JAMB data correction/change is very similar to the JAMB change of course that was explained above. See the steps below.
Open your browser and go to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility then click on “Correction of Data”. See the image below.
On the next page click on “click here to proceed” below any of the data you want to change. See the image below.
After clicking on proceed, it will take you to an instruction page, and how payment will be made.
Finally, create an account and log in to begin the process.