This article explains how to download a copy of everything Google knows about you.
Do you know that Google now allows its users to download a copy of everything they stored under their Google account?
Our lives are intertwined with various online services, and Google is at the forefront of this digital revolution.
From emails and photos to documents and videos, Google stores a plethora of your valuable data.
But what if you want to have a backup or simply wish to download a copy of your data for safekeeping?
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of downloading a copy of your data with Google, ensuring that your precious information is always within your reach.
The download includes; Google Drive, Gmail, Blogger, Chrome, Hangouts, and every other Google product.
Having a copy of the archive will be necessary to those who decide to quit Google and delete their entire Google account.
While Google ensures the security of your information, it’s always a good practice to have a backup.
Downloading your data provides you with peace of mind, knowing that you have control over your information.
This feature is useful if you want a reminder of every detail Google ever knows about you.
Downloading a copy is more like a backup, and will not alter or delete your information with Google.
Why Download Your Data?
There are several compelling reasons why you might want to download a copy of your data from Google:
- Data Security: By having a local copy, you can safeguard your data against unexpected loss or hacking incidents.
- Privacy Concerns: You may want to review or delete certain data without permanently losing access to it.
- Changing Services: If you decide to switch to another email provider or cloud storage service, having your data ready for transfer is essential.
- Nostalgia: Your digital memories, such as photos and emails, can be preserved for sentimental reasons.
What Google Data Can You Download?
Google Takeout, a service provided by Google, allows you to download various types of data, including:
- Gmail Emails: Download your emails and attachments.
- Google Drive Files: Get a copy of your documents, photos, and videos.
- Google Photos: Download your entire photo and video library.
- YouTube Videos: If you upload videos, you can download them too.
- Location History: Access your location data.
- And More: Google Takeout supports various other services.
What Google Knows About You
- Every place you searched in Google Maps.
- All the apps opened even opened on all your Android device.
- Everything you ever asked Google Assistant.
- Every comment you dropped on YouTube.
- All the videos you watched on YouTube.
- All Android apps you searched for or installed on via the Play Store.
- All news articles you opened or read on Google News.
- All Ads viewed or visited in any of Google’s products.
- All your Gmail files, including Spam and Trash.
- And many more
How to download a copy of all your data on Google
- Navigate your web browser to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Select the Google products that you want to back up. You can also choose to select all products.
- After selecting click on the Next button which is at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a file format you want your download to be in zip or tgz
- Choose the maximum size. You have option of 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB or 50GB. If the size you chose is not up to the download size – Google will split it into different downloads. I advise you to choose according to your network strength and device memory.
- Choose a delivery method. You can choose to receive a direct download link via email or have the back sent to Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Finally, click on Create Archive. Please note that the archive may take several hours or even days to create.
- Be patient while it downloads.
In conclusion, downloading a copy of your data with Google is a valuable practice to ensure you always have access to your digital world.
By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can effortlessly create backups of your important information.
So, take the initiative today and secure your digital legacy with Google Takeout.
Downloading a copy of your data with Google is a straightforward process that empowers you to take control of your digital life.
Whether you want to preserve memories, enhance data security, or switch to a new service, Google Takeout makes it easy. So, go ahead and safeguard your data today.