For a digital marketer to do their work effectively, there is some particular tool they must have at their fingertips to stand out among all competitors.
Once it comes to digital marketing business, there are some tools that you are expected to take advantage of in other to be on top of the game. There are lots of digital marketers everywhere, but only those who have a good track record are on top of the game.
Now to the big question will be, What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing simply the marketing of products or/and services via digital means. On like traditional marketing where newspaper, magazines, posters, handbills, etc. are used for marketing. Digital marketing deals with digital methods of marketing.
Below this page is a 2 munites video which explains digital marketing visually.
For this reason, I am going to list and explain all the necessary tools every good digital marketer must make use of to be at their best, and keep their game on the high.
Best tools for digital marketing
1. Social media tools
Social media are interactive online technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, interests, ideas, as well as other forms of expression via networks and virtual communities.
The most common social media tools are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snap Chat. These tools have been very impressive but used frequently and abused as well.
We have a list of social media tools that can be much more effective aside for the popular ones.
- Buffer: Use for post scheduling across several platforms.
- MeetEdgar: Is a social networks scheduling tool.
- Sprout Social: An all in one marketing tools for social media.
- Hootsuite: For post scheduling on different social media platforms.
- SocialOomph: Can be used for bulk upload of updates with a click.
- IFTTT: Among several other functions, it is best used to send tweet any time you make a new post on Instagram.
- BuzzSumo: with this platform, you can select keywords and find a breakdown of some of the most popular trending posts on those keywords, with the list of those who are sharing that content.
- Oktopost: Best used to manage robust social media teams as well as contents schedule.
- Feedly: It is. A content aggregator, which can be used to get content from any number of different areas, combining ideal reading material into a single feed.
- Tagboard: A social listening tool, best used for monitoring brands and products mentions.
- Everypost: can be used to curate content by pulling together multimedia from YouTube, Instagram, RSS feeds, Flickr, and so on.
- Followerwonk: it helps analyze and optimize all your Twitter audience, suggesting people you should follow and also helps to grow your audience.
- Bitly: it allows you to shorten and customize URLs to look more pretty and fits across all your social media channels.
- Agora Pulse: It allows you to view how your social media marketing campaign is up against your competitors. Also, a perfect solution for social media management.
- Tailwind: it helps you to succeed on Instagram and Pinterest.
- CrowdBooster: best use for delivering real-time data for quick accessibility.
- Audiense: a social tool that let you know new target audiences, and understands your audience and how they tick, it also helps to optimize your audience activities at scale with reports and tracking.
- Visage: This tool helps you to design optimized social media graphics for each platform.
- Brand24: This tool helps you to be aware of what people are saying about your brand.
- Socedo: This tool can detect people on social media who fit your buyer; it makes use of real-time social behaviour to pre-qualify those people.
2. Image editing tools
You will agree with me when I say “an image can describe a thousand words by just a mere look.” Digital marketers create and edit images daily.
If you are into digital marketing and don’t make use of image editing tools, then you may be wondering which tools are best for image editing.
There are lots of available tools, both free, premium, and paid. But I will list only those that successful digital marketers have rated very high.
- Photoshop: This sees to be the most popular image editor, image creator, and image designing tool. Fantastic for producing high-quality images with beautiful effects.
- Gimp: This app works very similar like photoshop, it great for producing banners or tweaking images.
- Pixlr: This is a free online base image editor tool, with a user-friendly interface.
- Sumopaint: This is a new app that has beautiful filters and tools for excellent designs.
3. Infographic and chart tools
- Infogr.am: use to create good-looking visual data.
- Piktochart: Comes with hundreds of themes creating Infographics in just a few minutes.
- Visual.ly: With this tool, you can connect to your Google Analytics, Twitter, or Facebook account to have your own beautifully presented data.
- Easel.ly: It provides users with a friendly interface to make compelling infographics images. It comes with themes, background, and shapes.
- Wordle: This is an excellent tool for creating quick images for your posts, blog, and emails.
- Tagul: is a much more advanced word cloud generator with custom colors, fancy effects, and several types of shape.
4. Analytics tools
The analytics tools are essential to keep good track stats and traffic on different platforms. Listed below are the top analytics tools best for digital marketers.
- Cyfe: With Cyfe, you can integrate all of your online marketing analytics in a dashboard. It helps ease analytics comparison stress.
- Mixpanel: With this tool, you can mine your data and segment it, visualize it in several forms, it also gives you the ability to use bookmarks and annotations for reports and events.
- Kissmetrics: It helps digital marketers in decision making. It does this by analyzing intelligent audience behavior on certain things and helping to engage with automation.
- Moz Pro: This is an SEO analytics tool built by specialists, in other to provide intelligent devices and data that will help marketers and SEO professionals generate actionable and practical insights.
- SEMrush: This is an analytics reporting tool which allows seeing a wealth of information such as the keyword analysis to discover what your competitors are using, find new organic competition, have a look at their ad strategies and budgets, analyze ad copy and keywords. It also helps you to find new publishers and more.
- Hotjar: This is an analytics and feedback dashboard, which helps you to understand your web and mobile website visitors truly.
5. Email marketing tools
Email marketing tools are among the most cost-effective digital marketing platform. They are straightforward to manage; it provides you with full control and allows you to establish contact with your potential customers.
Some of the active email marketing tools are; Mail Chimp, Reach Mail, Litmus, Target Hero, Mad Mimi, Drip, Cake Mail, Flashissue, Mailjet, Constant Contact, AWeber, GetResponse, iContact, Zoho, ToutApp, BenchMark, LeadPages, Infusionsoft, Campaign Monitor, Campaigner, Vertical Response, ActiveCampaign, YesWare.
To learn more about digital marketing, please watch the video below.
Video credit: YouTube
If you love this article, please share with someone today, using the social media platform. Remember that sharing is caring.
- Best Affiliate Marketing Programs In Nigeria
- Internet Marketing Towards Your Online Business Career Success
- Established Methods For Internet Marketing Success
- Aggressive Internet Marketing Made Possible
- 3 Key Questions To Ask About Internet Marketing