The information in this article explains how to own a blog for free without spending a penny.
With the level of technology in the world today, everyone wants to become a blogger and own their blogs.
Some need a blog for pleasure, some to express themselves, and others need it to build an online relationship with their targeted audience.
Not to mention those who want to venture into blogging in other to earn a living from it.
Whatever reason you have to own a free blog, you are in the right place. You may want to know why some people prefer to pay for their blog when they create a free blog!
The reason is, on free blogs, you do not have all the privileges and control over the blog. For instance, to own a free blog, you may not have to buy a domain name or a server to host your blog.
The domain and the server are the regular expenses most blogs make.
Although, the domain that comes with the free blogging platforms may not be so pretty as it may look like a sub-domain.
But it is an excellent place to start, you can always migrate when you think you have the resources.
Now let’s take a look at the best free available blogging platforms, open for everyone to make use of.
Best Free Blogging Platforms
1. Blogger.com (Blogspot)
Google’s Blogger.com (Blogspot) has for many years been known as one of the most popular free blogging platforms in the World.
It is known for its amazing look and easy customization.
To start up a Blogspot blog, all you need is a Google account. If you already have a Google account (Gmail account), then you can start a Blogspot blog right away.
Using blogger.com, your blog URL will have a blogspot.com extension – i.e., “yourblog.blogspot.com.”
How to setup Blogger:
- Log in to blogger.com, enter a unique display name, and tick to accept Blogger’s Terms and service.
- Then pick a unique URL and a blog title.
- Next, choose your favorite blog template and click the “Create a Blog.”
Just that and you done and good to start your blogging.
An advantage blogger has over others is that users can easily monetize it with Google AdSense – as long as it meets Google’s AdSense requirements.
The free WordPress.com is known for simplicity and flexibility. Over the years, most people have rated WordPress.com very high.
One fantastic feature of WordPress is that it can easily be integrated into several social networks.
If you choose WordPress.com as your free blogging platform – your blog URL will have a WordPress.com extension – i.e., “yourblog.wordpress.com.”
Getting started with WordPress.com seems to be so easy, just with a few clicks just like in the case of Google, and you are done.
For those interested in making money online – I recommend you use a self-hosted WordPress (wordpress.org)
Read: Difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
Medium.com is still new to most ears, though it is also an amazing free blog contents publishing platform.
It was founded in 2012 by Evan Williams – a co-founder of Twitter.
How to get started on Medium:
- Log on to medium.com with your web browser and Click on “Start Writing” button.
- Then sign up with either your Twitter or Facebook account.
- On the next page – enter your email address and agree to the Terms of Service, then click “Continue” button, an email will be sent to you.
- Once you receive the email, open the email in your inbox and click the link in the email message to verify your email address.
Congratulations you have just set up your Medium.com blog account.
Tumblr is considered a short and easy form of blogging. Unlike other platforms, Tumblr is the most straightforward platform to set up.
How to setup Tumblr:
- Log on to tumblr.com, enter your e-mail address, and choose a username and password.
- You will then be asked how young you are, after which you will have to accept the site’s Terms of Service.
And that is all.
All the free blogging tools I listed are excellent in their unique ways. Choosing any of them will depend on what you need in blogging and which is more convenient for you.
If your main aim in blogging is to have a source of income from it, then – none of the platforms will suit your need, except Blogger – best with a custom domain.
Please comment to tell us which free blogging platforms you like the most and why?
- How to Check, Fix and Remove Broken Links From Your Blog
- Importance of CloudFlare on Websites and Blogs
- 20 Blogging Tips For Small Business Owners
- How to Prevent WordPress from Hackers
- 44 Latest WordPress Ping List for Quick Indexing
Related Tags: best free blogging platform | blogger free blog sites | wix.com free blog sites | wordpress.com free blog sites | free blog maker.