How To Convert Laptop and PC Into a WiFi Hotspot
This post explains how to convert a laptop or computer into a WiFi hotspot and connect other devices to it.
Laptops can easily work like a WiFi router without installing and software and then show point to connect other devices just as you connect with the WiFi network.
If you have an internet adapter connected in one device, and you wish to connect it to more device or share the internet with people around you with the same internet connection. You can easily use your laptop to create a WiFi router so other devices can easily connect to it, without the use of any software.
Steps to Convert Laptop Into a WiFi Hotspot
1) Connect your laptop or computer with an internet adapter or dongle to have internet access in it.
Be sure you’ve connected an internet adopter or dongle, or any internet service enabled the device to access the internet in your laptop.
2) Do not just look at the connection indicator and assume that you are already connected. Try to open a webpage with your browser to be very sure that the internet is working fine.
3) Once confirmed, open your laptop control panel (Start->Control panel)
4) Click on “Network and Internet option.”
5) After which click on “Network and Sharing Center.”
6) Click on “Set up a new connection or network.”
7) A new window will then open, on that new window click on “Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network” and then click “Next” button.
8) Another new window will open, then click on the “Next” button and then give a name to the Network (Just any name you feel like)
Network Name– Any name of your choice
Security Type– Choose “No authentication (Open)”
Security Key– leave it blank
See image below:
9) Then click on “Next,” and that is it. Now close the window.
A network icon will now appear at the right-bottom corner,
Click on the icon to confirm your connection as it will display the network name you created.
You can now search the network with any WiFi-enabled device; you will see the network and connect to it.
It as simple as that, you don’t need any software to perform this task.