This article contains information on how to check your BVN from any mobile network you are using in Nigeria.
Since the introduction of the Bank Verification Number (BVN) in Nigeria, one can hardly perform a transaction in the bank without the bank demanding BVN.
Before explaining how to generate your BVN from your mobile phone, let’s first understand what the bank verification nimrod all about.
What is Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The Bank Verification Number – commonly called BVN by most Nigerians is a biometric identification system that was implemented by CBN. The primary purpose is to reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria drastically.
It is an 11 digits biometric identification system that was introduced by the Nigerian Central Bank together with the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) with the main motive of curbing illegal banking transactions in the country.
The 11 digits Bank Verification Number acts as a universal identity in all commercial banks in Nigeria.
All bank accounts in Nigeria must be linked to a BVN. Without a BVN, you can’t open an account.
To open a bank account for the first time, you will have to first enroll for a BVN, and this can still be done inside the banking hall.
If you already have an existing account before the introduction of BVN, the account will be placed on hold until you enroll for a BVN and link it to the account.
For those that have multiple Bank accounts that are not linked to BVN, all you have to do is to walk into any bank and enroll for the BVN. The same BVN is what you will have to provide to all other banks you have an account with.
The BVN is an advanced security measure in line with the CBN Act to curb fraud in the Nigerian banking system.
The BVN system makes use of advanced technology by recording fingerprints, facial photographs, among other personal information of every bank customer.
Today we see the BVN as the standard bank database. Even personal information given to them for any transaction is expected to be the same as that of the provided BVN information.
One great thing about the BVN is that it links all bank account of every bank customer in Nigeria irrespective of the bank where the account was opened.
Before the introduction of the Bank Verification Number, one can walk into a bank to open an account.
With the introduction of the BVN, all bank customers were mandated to generate their BVN in the bank they have an account with.
If they have more than one account, they don’t have to repeat the process, all they have to do is to get the BVN from a bank and provide it to others.
To open a bank account now, you will be required to provide your BVN., and this is where the problem arises. Most people don’t even have their account number “off-head” talk more of BVN. And this is the essence of this post.
How to get your BVN on all Networks in Nigeria
Note that the phone number you will get in your BVN is the one provided during registration. It works on all kinds of mobile phones be it smart or not – as long as the phone can send a USSD code.
Code To Check BVN On MTN Network
- If you are on the MTN network dial *565*0#
- Wait for a few seconds your BVN will display on your phone screen.
- This cost ₦10 anytime you check it, try to memorize it or save it somewhere safe.
How To Check BVN On Airtel Network
- If your network is Airtel, then dial *565*0#
- Give it some seconds your BVN will appear on your screen.
- You will be charged ₦10 anytime you check it, try to memorize it or save somewhere safe.
Code To Check BVN On Glo Line
- If you are making use of Glo dial *565*0#
- In less than a minute, your BVN will display on the screen of your phone.
- It attracts a service cost of ₦10 anytime you check it, try to memorize it or save somewhere safe.
How To Check BVN On 9mobile Line
- If you are on the 9mobile line dial *565*0#
- Wait for some seconds you will see your BVN on your phone screen.
- You will be charged ₦10 anytime you check it, try to memorize it, or save it somewhere safe.