After reading this article, you will learn the easiest way to edit or change Facebook User’s URL (your Facebook link) to enable people to view profiles easily.
I have previously written on How to Change Your Facebook Page URL, today; we shall be looking at how to change the Facebook user profile URL.
Now the big question most people will ask is “why should I change my Facebook URL”?
It is not important that you should change your Facebook URL. The biggest advantage of changing your Facebook URL is that it makes the link very much pretty and easy to remember.
If you do this, one doesn’t need to search for you on Facebook to send you a friend request. They can easily go your link direct to view your profile. You edited Facebook link can look like this https://facebook.com/xxx
Each URL is limited to just a person; this means that you cannot edit your URL to something someone is already using.
On default, Facebook gives you a URL that may look like this https://facebook.com/name.name.12127471, but you definitely won’t like it. Then you will want to change or customize it to something much more pretty and easy to memorize.
If you are a Facebook user wanting to change your Facebook URL, but not so sure of how to do it, don’t worry because I will show you the step-by-step process in this article.
How to Change or Edit Facebook User’s URL (Username)
- Open your Web Browser (the features is not available in the Facebook app)
- Navigate your web browser to web.facebook.com and login into your Facebook account with your email/phone number and your password.
- After your Facebook login, In the up-right corner of your screen, click on the Downward arrow (the arrow looks like a triangle).
- On the arrow drop-down click on the Settings, it will take you to the settings page.
- Now you are on the settings page. Look for Username on the settings list; you will find “edit” on the right side of the Username, Click on Edit.
- Type in your New Username and click on the Save changes.
- Next, enter your Facebook password as and submit it. The password is for authentication for to system to be sure that you are the real owner of the Facebook account.
Hope this article was helpful, if you have challenges with this process, please make use of the comment box and explain it to us – so we can help you out.
Also, use the share button below to share this article with some important.