This article will teach you how to block private numbers from calling you on both Android and iOS.
Receiving unwanted or nuisance calls can be a frustrating experience.
Whether it’s a private caller trying to hide their identity or a non-private caller you wish to avoid, having the ability to block such calls is essential.
Most features that come with the Android OS are unknown to many users. The reason for this is mainly because of third-party apps.
Android applications have made people lazy to search for features that come with their Android devices.
To perform a task, most people simply search apps that can do it, instead of checking if the function is available with the OS or pre-installed app.
There are lots of apps that can be used to block calls, but these apps may be battery-consuming because they run in the background.
These apps won’t even work when your phone is on Ultra Power Saving Mode; this is why it is still better to use the built-in feature.
Again call blocking apps to make use of part of your phone resources. If your phone doesn’t have much RAM, the app may contribute to slowing it down.
There are situations when you may want to prevent someone from calling you. You may also don’t want to allow private callers. These are what we are going to show you here.
How to Block Private Callers on Android
Android users can easily block private callers by following these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Call Settings.”
- Tap on “Block numbers.”
- Toggle the switch for “Private numbers” to block incoming calls from private callers.
Blocking Non-Private Callers on Android
Blocking non-private callers on Android is equally straightforward:
- Open your “Call History.”
- Find the number you want to block and tap on it.
- Tap the “Block” option to prevent calls from this number.
How to Block Private Callers on iOS
iOS users can also manage their calls effectively:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Phone.”
- Toggle on “Silence Unknown Callers” to block calls from unknown numbers.
Blocking Non-Private Callers on iOS
To block non-private callers on iOS:
- Open the “Phone” app and go to your call history.
- Find the number you wish to block.
- Tap on the number and select “Block this Caller.”
How to Deal with Unknown Callers
Dealing with unknown callers can be tricky. It’s often best to let these calls go to voicemail or send them a text message to identify themselves.
If the call is important, the caller will likely leave a message or respond to your text.
Additional Tips for Call Management
- Regularly review your blocked numbers list to unblock contacts if necessary.
- Make use of “Do Not Disturb” mode during specific hours to avoid unwanted calls.
- Report harassing or spam calls to your mobile carrier or relevant authorities.
Benefits of Call Blocking
Blocking calls not only enhances your privacy but also reduces stress and distraction.
It allows you to focus on what’s important and ensures that your phone remains a tool for your convenience, not annoyance.
Blocking private and non-private callers without the need for additional apps is a straightforward process on both Android and iOS devices.
By taking advantage of these built-in features, you can reclaim your peace of mind and enjoy a more serene phone experience.