What Is A Backlink – Types and Advantages of Backlinks
After reading this post, you won’t only know what backlinks are; you will also know the types and advantages of backlinks.
Whenever a website gives a valid link to another site, this is known as a backlink. It can boost the search engine ranking of the webpage which link was provided.
The term backlink became so popular as a result of competition in the web industry, which gave rise to search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO are techniques which a webmaster can apply to improve the ranking of their website. One of the search engine ranking factors is backlinks.
When the public noticed this ranking factor – the hunger for creating backlinks increased.
Backlinks are among the metric for page ranking. A page with much backlinks tends to rank higher on the search engine.
We don’t know the level of weight search engines gives to backlinks in a search. But just know for sure that backlinks are vital for search engine optimization.
Backlinks create a positive impact when linked on a high authority domain. Also, every backlink is either do-follow or no-follow.
A do-follow backlink is far much effective for SEO while the no-follow has just a minimal contribution to make.
We have written an article on The Difference Between NoFollow and DoFollow Links you may want to read that.
Types of Backlinks
- Informational backlinks: They are backlinks that lead to pages that offer more information related to the words that are linked in the text.
- Definitional backlinks: The definitional backlink is backlinks that provide an extended definition of the linked words.
- Referential backlinks: A referential backlink is backlinks from source citation.
- Promotional backlinks: Promotional links are backlinks that go directly to a landing page.
Advantages of Backlinks in SEO
- Improves Search Engine Ranking – especially when the backlink is coming from very high ranked sites with high domain authority.
- Faster Indexing – backlinks helps search engine bots to notice your site on time and do the crawling.
- Increases Site Traffic – it helps get referral traffic from the linking site.
- Increase Domain Authority (DA) – when you have lots of backlinks pointing to your domain – in no time your domain authority will improve.
How To Get Good Backlinks
- Create high-quality content on your blog that people will love to reference,
- Post comments on high-quality blogs with a backlink to your blog,
- Make use of internal linking in your content by targeting a keyword phrase and linking to other posts of the blog,
- Know other bloggers and trade links with them,
- Write an article and contact bloggers and ask them to publish it.
I hope this article was beneficial to you. We have a comment box below this article where you can drop your comments or objections.