After reading this post, you won’t only know what backlinks are; you will also know the types and advantages of backlinks.
Whenever a website gives a valid link to another site, this is known as a backlink. It can boost the search engine ranking of the webpage on which the link was provided.
The term backlink became so popular as a result of competition in the web industry, which gave rise to search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO’s are techniques that a webmaster can apply to improve the ranking of their website. One of the search engine ranking factors is backlinks.
When the public noticed this ranking factor – the hunger for creating backlinks increased.
Backlinks are among the metric for page ranking. A page with many backlinks tends to rank higher on the search engine.
We don’t know the level of weight search engines gives to backlinks in a search. But just know for sure that backlinks are vital for search engine optimization.
Backlinks create a positive impact when linked on a high authority domain. Also, every backlink is either do-follow or no-follow.
A do-follow backlink is far much effective for SEO while the no-follow has just a minimal contribution to make.
We have written an article on The Difference Between NoFollow and DoFollow Links you may want to read that.
Types of Backlinks
- Informational backlinks: They are backlinks that lead to pages that offer more information related to the words that are linked in the text.
- Definitional backlinks: The definitional backlink is backlinks that provide an extended definition of the linked words.
- Referential backlinks: A referential backlink is backlinks from source citation.
- Promotional backlinks: Promotional links are backlinks that go directly to a landing page.
Advantages of Backlinks in SEO
- Improves Search Engine Ranking – especially when the backlink is coming from very high-ranked sites with high domain authority. If you want your website to rank very well you really need to create more high-quality backlinks.
- Faster Indexing – There is time after publishing a blog post it takes a while before the search engine will index it. If you are a new blogger this part will be very necessary for you. News of today is already old news in a few days’ time, so if your news post isn’t indexed immediately it may be useless and generate fewer views. This is where backlinks come to play, backlinks will help the search engine bots to notice your site on time and do the crawling.
- Increases Site Traffic – it helps get referral traffic from the linking site. the backlink will helo increase your page authority, which will throw it up on the search engine reporting page.
- Increase Domain Authority (DA) – when you have lots of backlinks pointing to your domain – in no time your domain authority will improve.
How To Get Good Backlinks
- Create high-quality content on your blog that people will love to reference,
- Post comments on high-quality blogs with a backlink to your blog,
- Make use of internal linking in your content by targeting a keyword phrase and linking to other posts of the blog,
- Know other bloggers and trade links with them,
- Write an article and contact bloggers and ask them to publish it.
I hope this article was beneficial to you. We have a comment box below this article where you can drop your comments or objections.